Safety and Prevention
The Chandler Police Department has 3 crime prevention officers (CPO’s) one assigned to each our our three stations. The officers have received certification for Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED). They are also highly trained in all areas of crime prevention, including personal safety, senior safety, workplace violence prevention, robbery prevention, drugs, home security, and identity theft, to name a few.
The CPO’s are here to help communities establish active Neighborhood Watch programs, assist businesses and homeowners with preventing crime, and work with the street officers to address neighborhood issues and facilitate problem-solving methods.
Below are a list of services, programs, events, Crime Prevention officers, and TIPS that we provide. Click on one below or more below that interests you and you will be directed to a page with more details and information.
- Crisis Intervention Team
- C3 Multi-Family Housing Program – for apartment complexes and MHP’s
- Neighborhood Watch
- Trespass Enforcement Program
- Vacation Watch
- Home Security Surveys
- Business Security Surveys
- C.P.T.E.D. Business/Residential
- MedReturn Prescription Drop Off Boxes
- Maricopa Region 911 Cell Phone Registration – Comm. Emergency Notification System (CENS)
- Youth Academies
- Child Fingerprinting
- K-6 Youth Safety Presentations
- Return Me Safe Program – Autism, Down Syndrome
- Chandler Police Cadet Program
- Citizen Academies
- CPAAC – Citizens Police Academy Association of Chandler
- Guardian Academy
- Volunteers in Policing
- Rape Aggression Defense – R.A.D. – for women only – must be at least 12 years old
- Personal Safety Awareness Presentations – for Adults and Groups
- Senior Lock Box Program
- Dog Walker Watch Program – New 2017
- Return Me Safe Program – Autism, Down Syndrome, Dementia, Alzheimer’s
- “IF you SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING” – Dept. of Homeland Security
- Coffee with a Cop – offered once per month
- Departmental Tours – offered once per quarter
- Annual Public Safety Fair with Chandler Fire – 1st Saturday of March
- Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods – G.A.I.N. – held annually in October
- 911 W. Steven Martin Annually Toy Drive – held the week before Christmas
- Shredding events – we are not currently conducting any Shredding events, however the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office offers many events throughout the year so visit their website at http://www.maricopacountyattorney.org/ for more details.
Calendar of Department Events:
- For a list calendar view of our department events click here.
Safety and Prevention Tips:
- For a list our recommended safety and prevention tips click here.
Who is My Precinct Crime Prevention Officer: click here.