The Guardian Academy is the recipient of the
International Association of Chiefs of Police
2018 Leadership in Crime Prevention Award
Provide education, information, and access to resources that promote and reinforce healthy relationships and communication within families.
Any responsible person put in care, control, custody, and GUARDIANship of a child.
- Day Care Workers
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
* Continuing Education Hours
- Social Media & Internet Safety
- Bullying & Cyber-Bullying
- Digital Leadership
- Human Trafficking
- Current Drug Trends
- Teen Brain and Development
- Family Communication Tools
- Mental & Behavioral Health
- Suicide Awareness & Prevention
- Building Child Resiliency
- Connect with a variety of resources
The Chandler Police Department is offering a basic knowledge of various situations that life exposes our children to daily and the warning signs of criminal or risky adolescent behavior.
- 18 years of age at the time of the Academy
- No felony arrests
- No sex offenders
- Background checks are conducted on each candidate
Certificate and CEU Standards:
- 100% attendance required for a certificate (no make-ups)
- CEUs are credited for the hours attended
When is the Guardian Academy offered? The Guardian Academy is offered in the Spring and Fall.
Current Dates: Tuesday evenings of February 5, 12, 19, 26, and March 5, 2019. The Academy is full and registration is closed.
Fall Dates: To be determined.
Fee: FREE. All that’s required is your commitment to our children.
Class Hours: 6 PM – 9 PM (for five nights). Please arrive 15 minutes prior to sign-in and be seated as we start promptly.
Location: Chandler Police Department – Main Station – Community Room: 250 E Chicago St
NOTE: The Chandler Police Department will provide the dinner meal and waters.
Registration is CLOSED.
Contact Officer Tina Balsewicz if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org