At a Glance
Police recruit and lateral
Close date: 2017-09-24
There are currently no scheduled events.
Careers at Chandler PD
Careers at CPD
There are many opportunities to become part of the Chandler Police Department either as a sworn or civilian employee. The members of the Chandler Police Department are dedicated to the advancement of community policing and the development of a partnership with our citizens. Our Department holds a promising future for individuals who are genuinely interested in a challenging career to protect and serve. For information on the hiring process and requirements, please refer to the Careers at Chandler PD links.
The application process for Police Recruit and Police Lateral will begin Accepting Applications: August 28, 2017 to September 24, 2017.
Testing dates and applicant process are as follows:
- Apply online at ChandlerAz.gov
- Receive an email from the City of Chandler and self schedule the PT/Written Test
- Complete the background packet and bring to the physical fitness test (mandatory)
IN STATE LATERAL & RECRUIT APPLICANTS:
- Physical Fitness followed by Written Test: September 29th & 30th and October 6th & 7th.
- Oral Board Interview: October 31, 2017 – November 3, 2017
- Background Interview: November 6, 2017 – December 1, 2017
- Command Board Interview: December 4, 2017 – December 8, 2017
- *Handgun Qualification Course – Laterals Only: TBD
- Polygraph: TBD
- After conditional job offer: psychological exam, medical and drug screen, interview with police chief
OUT OF STATE LATERAL & RECRUIT APPLICANTS:
- October 23, 2017 – PT Test, Written Test, Background Interviews
- October 24, 2017 – October 26, 2017 – Background Interviews, Oral Boards, Command Boards, * Handgun Qualification Course (Laterals Only)
Applicants MUST bring a completed sworn background packet (including required copies and notary) to be allowed to take the written test:
For information regarding recruitment contact our recruitment hotline at (480) 782-3960 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please visit the City of Chandler Human Resources website for job descriptions and available positions.
Professional Standards Section Background Investigators
Det. Brian Dunn: 480-782-4127 email@example.com
Det. Livi Kacic: 480-782- 4123 firstname.lastname@example.org
Det. Mark Stevens: 480-782-4114 email@example.com
Det. Matt Cacciola: 480-782-4216 firstname.lastname@example.org