At a Glance
There are currently no scheduled events.
Careers at Chandler PD
Careers at CPD
There are many opportunities to become part of the Chandler Police Department either as a sworn or civilian employee. The members of the Chandler Police Department are dedicated to the advancement of community policing and the development of a partnership with our citizens. Our Department holds a promising future for individuals who are genuinely interested in a challenging career to protect and serve.
POLICE RECRUIT/LATERAL OFFICER
Starting a career with the Chandler Police Department can be very rewarding, exciting and purposeful. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, technology driven atmosphere and opportunities for lateral movement after 3 years. We are looking for self-motivated, highly effective individuals from a variety of backgrounds to join our ranks. In need of a challenge? Apply Today!
***This Application Process is NOW CLOSED***
Police Officer Recruit starting salary: $26.17 per hour
NEW Lateral Officer Pay Scale
- 1 year sworn experience $27.47 per hour
- 2 years sworn experience $28.85 per hour
- 3 years sworn experience $30.30 per hour
- 4 years sworn experience $31.82 per hour
- 5+ years sworn experience $33.41 per hour
Police Officer (recruit and lateral) process:
- Receive an email on how to self schedule the PT and written exam held on August 16th, 17th, 23rd, and 24th (attend one date only).
- Fill out the Chandler PD background packet and bring to written exam. You MUST have a notarized completed background packet with the required copy of documents attached to take the written exam.
- Oral board panel interview September 9th-12th, 17th-18th if needed (attend one date only).
- Background interview.
- Lateral applicants will be required to complete a firearms qualification shoot.
- Polygraph Examination.
- After a conditional job offer: the applicant will complete a Psychological Exam, Medical, Drug screen, and interview with the Police Chief.
BACKGROUND PACKET: ALL applicants (officer, civilian, volunteer) MUST bring a completed background packet (including required copies and packet notarized) to be allowed to test.
- Email at email@example.com
- Call our recruitment hotline at 480-782-3960
- Visit the City of Chandler Human Resources website for job descriptions and available positions.
Professional Standards Background Investigators
Det. Dani Stein 480-782-4123
Det. Matt Cacciola: 480-782-4216
Det. Mark Stevens: 480-782-4114
Sgt. Arturo Salazar: 480-782-4113