As Chief of Police, I am pleased to introduce our Department’s 2015 to 2020 Strategic Plan. Our new plan is a single guiding document that identifies the organization’s priorities and represents our vision for the future. The plan includes elements of our previous strategic planning document, employee contributions, and Relationship by Objectives (RBO) participation. Additionally, we conducted a community forum to gain input from the community and incorporate their ideas.
The plan contains our new mission and vision statements and demonstrates our commitment to address community concerns through an insightful examination into emerging issues. It establishes our responsibility to our employees to develop their abilities and skills to meet the challenges of 21st century policing.
The objectives and strategies highlighted in this plan are designed to support our five principal goals:
- Prevent crime: Preventing crime is the primary mission of policing. Crime prevention promotes the health and welfare of a community instead of merely curing its ills (crimes). It reduces the threat of crime on the front end and enhances the sense of security and quality of life within the community.
- Provide effective police services: We are committed to ensuring Chandler remains a safe community by employing the best practices in law enforcement to meet the challenges of 21st century policing.
- Develop, strengthen and sustain partnerships: We realize in order for us to be successful, we must have the confidence, support and respect of the people who live and work in our community. We are committed to developing and maintaining partnerships with the community, with our internal City partners and with our regional and national public safety partners.
- Develop personnel: We will provide the best equipped, and most highly trained and committed employees to help meet the needs of our community.
- Enhance infrastructure: We will focus on implementing our Facilities
A review and prioritization process will occur annually, and an entirely new plan will be constructed in 2020.
I encourage you to review our Strategic Plan initiatives, which reaffirm our commitment to proactively and responsively provide police services that enhance safety and the quality of life in the City of Chandler.
The Chandler Police Department is committed to being a world-class leader in law enforcement. We will pursue and engage the best trained, equipped, and committed professionals who demonstrate the highest standards of performance and best policing practices in partnership with the community.