Return Me Safe
The Return Me Safe program is a community resource service provided by the Chandler Police Department for members of the vulnerable population community who work, live, go to school, or receive treatment within the City of Chandler. This would include, but not be limited to, children or adults who suffer from:
- Down Syndrome
This program will provide parents and caretakers with a mechanism to share crucial information with police officers who are responding to calls for service involving these individuals. Information on the vulnerable person, their parent(s) or responsible caretaker, and another safe contact person will be collected through the form below. A current photograph of the registered individual is requested to assist in locating the registered person, if he or she is ever missing.
- Download and complete the Return Me Safe Registration Form
- Provide a quality photo of the person to be registered (Similar in style to a school portrait or clear focused snapshot)
- Seal your documents in an envelope and deliver to any Chandler Police Station, ATTN: Return Me Safe/Police Administrative Specialist Ashley Dietz, OR, mail your registration to:
Return Me Safe
Attn: Police Administrative Specialist Ashley Dietz
PO Box 4008
Mail Stop 303S
Chandler, AZ 85244-4008
Further questions can be directed to Ashley Dietz or (480) 782-4900.
Responsible persons who wish to register someone in this service; please understand registration can take up to six weeks for information to be made available to officers. Police officers will only be able to access this information when able to do so safely. Considerations of weapons, officer safety, and speed at which factors are changing must be considered on a case by case basis. Furthermore, this service will ONLY be readily accessible to Chandler police officers.
NEW BE SAFE PROGRAM for AUTISM:
We are pleased to announce our new partnership with the BE SAFE Program for Autism. If you would like to set up a training please contact the CIT Department Coordinator and a Be Safe Trainer at (480) 782-4900.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES:
For information on how to care for a loved one with:
- Raising Arizona Kids: Lists of organizations for Autism
- Arizona Autism Coalition
- Autism- Facts
- DSNetwork – Down Syndrome Network for Arizona
- Down Syndrome – Facts
- Dementia or Alzheimer’s
- Desert Southwest Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – Resources for all types of mental health disorders